About the Artist
Ilka White’s practice spans textiles, sculpture and installation and art-in-community. Her popular workshops reflect the principles of sustainability and make contemporary use of traditional making methods. She is a great believer in the ability of beauty and creativity to lift the spirit!
For more information on Ilka and her work see:
> What this course includes:
- A take home material pack - including fabric scissors, crochet hook and clipboard
- Tea and coffee
> What to bring:
Clean, worn out cloth you would like to cut into rags for your rug samples.
- The cloth can be anything from old t-shirts to woven or knitted fabric scraps.
- Mid-weight material that doesn't fray works best
- Please do not cut your rags beforehand as the appropriate way to cut the cloth will be discussed in the workshop
- Lunch and water bottle.
- If you have examples of recycled rag rugs in your possession, or pictures, bring them along for show & tell!
> This Masterclass is supported by